Membership of IBBY UK supports both the work of IBBY internationally and the work of IBBY UK.
Members of IBBY UK are members of a worldwide community of support for children’s books and literacy. Funded by your membership subscriptions, IBBY UK pays a substantial affiliation fee to our parent body in Basle which, with the affiliation fees of other national sections, supports IBBY’s international work. This includes the Hans Andersen awards and various initiatives which support literacy and children’s publishing in developing countries and in areas of conflict and natural disaster.
Individual members of IBBY UK are also able to take advantage of a range of IBBY UK activities, events and benefits, which include:
- Regular events featuring children’s authors and illustrators, with discounted entrance for IBBY UK members.
- A regular newsletter highlighting happenings in IBBY and the children’s book world nationally and internationally.
- Three issues of IBBYLink, IBBY UK’s journal, each year, with articles and reviews on children’s literature in an international context.
- An opportunity to join in the nomination process for not only the Hans Andersen Awards, but also the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award and others.
- Access to the members area of the website, including back issues of IBBYLink and extensive dossiers on authors and illustrators nominated by IBBY UK for the Hans Andersen Awards.
- Discounts on delegates fees for the annual IBBY UK/NCRCL Conference.
- The opportunity to apply for the IBBY UK bursaries to attend IBBY World Congresses.
How to Become a Member
IBBY UK annual membership runs from April to March each year with all renewals due from 1 April. We can claim Gift Aid on membership so please tick to allow us to do that if you are eligible.
£30 - individuals
£90 - corporate
£15 - students / concessions
Members can renew by bank transfer, by standing order or by cheque payment.